Sunday, April 29, 2012

Other American Automobiles

Packard was an American luxury-type automobile marque built by the Packard Motor Car Company of Detroit, Michigan, and later by the Studebaker-Packard Corporation of South Bend, Indiana. The first Packard automobiles were produced in 1899, and the last in 1958.

Packard First Series Twin-Six Touring 1-35, 1916

1939 Packard Packard Twelve, 17th series

1941 Packard Station Wagon advertisement; either One-Ten Model 1900 or One-Twenty Model 1901

1949 Packard Convertible Coupé
My father owned this same model Packard, white over maroon convertible

Studebaker Corporation was a United Stateswagon and automobile manufacturer based in South Bend, Indiana. Founded in 1852 and incorporated in 1868 under the name of the Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Company, the company was originally a producer of wagons for farmers, miners, and the military.
Studebaker entered the automotive business in 1902 with electric vehicles and in 1904 with gasoline vehicles, all sold under the name "Studebaker Automobile Company".

Studebaker Brothers carriage on display in the Studebaker show room, Salt Lake City, 1908

Omnibus Electric Bus, pre. 1912 

1912 Studebaker bus

1938 Studebaker Bus

Studebaker 4-Door Sedan, 1949.

1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner

1963 Studebaker Avanti

File:Hudson Logo.svg

The name "Hudson" came from Joseph L. Hudson, a Detroit department store entrepreneur and founder of Hudson's department store, who provided the necessary capital and gave permission for the company to be named after him. A total of eight Detroit businessmen formed the company on February 20, 1909,[1] to produce an automobile which would sell for less than US$1,000. One of the chief "car men" and organizer of the company was Roy D. Chapin, Sr., a young executive who had worked withRansom E. Olds. (Chapin's son, Roy Jr., would later be president of Hudson-Nash descendant American Motors Corp. in the 1960s). The company quickly started production, with the first car driven out of a small factory in Detroit on July 3, 1909.

1910 Hudson Model 20 Roadster

1937 Hudson Custom Eight

hudson hornet 54
1954 Hudson Hornet

1941 Hudson Commodore Custom

Nash Motors was founded in 1916 by former General Motors president Charles W. Nash who acquired the Thomas B. Jeffery Company. Jeffery's best-known automobile was the Ramblerwhose mass production from a plant in Kenosha, Wisconsin began in 1902.

1922 Nash Roadster Model 42

Nash Ambassador Six 3620 4-Door Sedan 1936

Nash 4-Door Sedan 1946

Nash Statesman 2-Door Sedan 1951

1932 Graham Blue Streak 4-Door Sedan

Taylor Aerocar III

1939 De Soto Series S-6 Custom De Luxe 4-Door Sedan

1952 Allstate

1939 American Bantam

Brewster Convertible Coupe

1930 Cord L-29

No comments:

Post a Comment