Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pink Slip Mitt - A Man of the People




Unintentional black humor from a 
wanna-be-servant to us common folk


"There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip."



Romney's aides have told him, "Don't try and be funny."

Tone deaf to good advice, Mitt attempted to be funny on a conference call with people in next-to-vote Wisconsin.
Romney recounted what he called a "humorous" story about the time his auto executive father shut down a factory in Michigan and moved it to Wisconsin. Later, when his dad was in a parade while running for Michigan governor, the marching band kept playing the University of Wisconsin fight song.
"Every time they would start playing 'On, Wisconsin! On Wisconsin!' my dad's political people would jump up and down and try to get them to stop," Romney said with a laugh.


A joke about closing factories and putting people out of work? And in this economy? What does that say about his Marie Antoinette attitude? And he wants to represent us common folk as our president?

“I saw the young man over there with eggs Benedict, with hollandaise sauce,” he said. “And I was going to suggest to you that you serve your eggs with hollandaise sauce in hubcaps. Because there’s no plates like chrome for the hollandaise.”

Mitt said he'd tell a 45-year-old with heart disease who hadn't been previously insured, "Hey, guys, we can't play the game like that. You've got to get insurance when you're well." 

"I should tell my story. I am also unemployed." - Mitt speaking to a group of unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over 200,000,000.00.

"I'm not concerned with the very poor...."

"I get speaker's fees from time to time, but not very much." Romney earned $374,000.00 in one year, according to his personal financial disclosure.

"I'll tell you what, ten-thousand bucks? "$10,000.00 bet?"- Mitt trying to make a wager with Rick Santorum.


"My wife drives a couple of Cadillacs."

In 2004, when Romney was Massachusetts governor, he took a jab at the wealth of that year's monied presidential candidate, Democratic Sen. John Kerry.
"There's a senator from my state, you may have heard, that wants to get elected president," Romney said at a Republican Governors Association dinner. "And I don't know why he wants to do that because, of course, if he won he'd have to move into a smaller house."

There is at least some humor inherent in being Mitt Romney. The poor guy is not sure if his IRA is worth $20,000,000 or $100,000,000. Managing that much money must be terribly confusing for him. Just imagine his confusion with the Federal Budget.
An IRA is a tax break for the 99%. It serves zero purpose for 1% Mitt, as he is already in that tax bracket. About Mitt's income tax, according to his 550 page tax return, he pays about 15% of his income. sometimes less.
Commoners like Newt Gingrich have to pay 31%. A wopping $1,000,000.00, in Newt's case, on his comparativly smaller income. Let's see now... one million smackers is 31% of how many millions....? Wait a minute here.... a senator earns that much in retirement???? 
The Speaker of the House earned $212,100 during the 109th Congress (January 4, 2005-January 3, 2007).  A cost-of-living-adjustment (COLA) increase takes effect annually unless Congress votes to not accept it.


"I am severely conservative.
I like being able to fire people who provide services to me."


Corporations are people, my friend… of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to the people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People's pockets. Human beings, my friend."

"PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air." —Mitt Romney in 2007, responding to criticism from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals following revelations that he had once put the family dog in a carrier and strapped it to the roof of his car during a 12-hour road trip.

"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love." –Mitt Romney (January 2012)




"I have some friends who are NASCAR team owners." —Mitt Romney, after being asked whether he follows NASCAR racing (February 2012)

"I like those fancy raincoats you bought. Really sprung for the big bucks." —Mitt Romney to a group of NASCAR fans wearing plastic ponchos at the Daytona 500 (February 2012)



Mr. 1%



To read 16 Reasons Why two-faced Mitt Romney Would Be A Terrible President:


http://deskofbrian.com/2011/12/16-reasons-why-mitt-romney-would-be-a-terrible-president/


I didn't know it but there is a whole delightful website devoted to the adventures of our favorite bloated ego.



GET A FREE PINK SLIP MITT BUMPER STICKER



http://pinkslipmitt.com/







1 comment: